Sunday, July 03, 2005

Good news!

My cat, Sassy.



Met her prince charming.



Then she got pregnant.



Finally, she gave birth to four baby kittens last night. I couldn't watch the delivery process because I was asleep. Last night though she already had showed some signs and had comfortably slept in her 'delivery room'. I woke up this morning and dad told me the kittens were already born! Its a miracle. From one cat, now I'm watching another four struggling to move with their eyes closed. They're so adorable, and funny. One kitten couldn't get through past her/his siblings to suckle her/his mother's milk and was desperately sucking the mother's hand instead.

I'm waiting for more adventure.

Oh, I couldn't get their pictures taken yet, because old sayings prohibit taking pictures of kittens or they will die. Not that I actually believe it, but I'd rather not take the chance. Anyway, kittens have high mortality rate. But with their mother around and a vet just a drive away, I hope these kittens will make it and be part of the family.

No comments: