Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Aussie Mate?

The Kulliyyah of Science has decided to have an educational trip to Australia. Sounds real fun. It's from 8th May to 14th May, 2005. 6 days. Purely educational. Most of the places the students would be visiting are research centers, museums, universities and the like.

On the other hand, only 18 students will be going. Bummer. That's way too little. Those who are going are to pay RM 2000.00. Quite a steal if you ask me. Even the ticket would cost that much if we were to go on our own. But I suppose it's subsidized, so they can't send a lot of students.

Those interested are supposed to fill up the form, which was snapped up so fast. Good thing we managed to get ourselves one. In the form, you're supposed to write in your details, CGPA and a 'slogan'. Describe why you should go to Perth, Australia. Dang. I hate slogans.

Some were saying that we can't make it, if we are chosen, cause our practical training is during that time. I heard that one girl is trying to get them to move the date of the trip so that it would fall during the in-between semesters break, instead of during the short semester itself. Well, hope everything turns our fine.

So, you guys wanna go? ;)

3 comments:

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

It would be nice, to have a trip outside the country.

But, for now, truthfully said - I'm not that excited.

Reason 1, I'm at the verge of saving my money. Not for any reason in particular - it's just if I'd to fork out two thousands from my JPA's allowance - I'd left with nothing.

The thought just freaked me out.

Reason 2, it's an educational trip - though I very much love to travel. I'm quite a non-conformist - the thoughts of having to follow a group all the time doing the same thing as anybody does - doesn't appeal to me.

Well, maybe it sounds oh-you're-such-a-jerk kind of statements. Haha. But this is just what I think in regard of my own self.

After much thinking, I don't think I want to go.

But hey, any of you guys yang nak pergi - you sure are going to have so much fun! I believe that.

Shana said...

At this rate, I don't think anyone else is interested as me.

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

No worries, Arshana - I honestly think you should go if you want to - there're going to be loads of fun i bet.

Regarding travel mate, hey, you can always find one. :)

Tak dak duit ma... :p