Sunday, December 18, 2005

Life is Beautiful

It's funny how life always takes turn to make clear to you, to teach you lessons of what is hapiness gained and hapiness lost.

I had a great time reading a book today, If You Could See Me Now written by the Irish writer Cecelia Ahern. The book is magical, you see. I couldn't put it down and was helplessly smiling, and laughing along the way I read it. I finished it in one whole day.

Feeling yet excited and fresh, the book really made my day.

Then, as much as I was happy something turned up - as if it's been waiting for me all the time in the dark, waiting for the right moment to sprang upon me - a dear friend had passed away, nearly a month ago, and I just know it.

A feeling of guilt welled up inside me, where have I been all this while? I was being so selfish and self-absorbed I didn't managed to even throw a single sms to get in touch - I would've known earlier.

Astaghfirullah, I'm speechless at my insensitive self.

You know, this dear friend of mine is very special to me - I had only known her for less than 24 hours. Nenek; as she called herself when she talked to me. Being a company to elderly is strange to me, but I'm easily drawn to them as I had never have the experience of having grandparents. Nenek was one of all who made me at ease, I was at a Kenduri and she was the one I'd look up to for protection when I felt lost.

Our companionship may be only for a brief time; but Nenek is someone I'd remember forever.

Al-Fatihah.

2 comments:

Ann said...

i remembered a song "Sendiri" sang by Saujana

Lewat ku sedari
Nilai cintamu
Pabila kau tiada lagi
Di sisi ku...

It's too late right?but my mother always told me there is no such a thing "too late" in life.lately my mother turned into philosophical person.i'm trying to figure it out.

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

There is no such a thing 'too late'... That's one worth to think about.

Yes, maybe you're right Ann.

Our life has been predetermined, no matter how it turned out, it's been written earlier - I guess that's where faith and wisdom come in hand.