Thursday, June 09, 2005

PFP Limited

As I told Arshana before, my family and I went to Hat Yai last weekends. One thing about being in a family who does a "family business" is that the time for family to get together means the time for family to do business. In short, the trip is all three in one; my youngest brother gets to enjoy swimming, my mom and I get to do some shopping, and my father have an appointment with his friend.

About my father's meeting with his friend; that's what I want to tell.

It's called Pacific Food Processing (PFP) Ltd, located not far away from the beach (Songkhla Beach, I think); right in front of it to be exact. The first thing that catched my eyes were the big signs of Halal, HACCP, ISO, and several other logos that I didn't managed to remember.

The first thought that came to my mind; "It's so clean, and adorable in biotechnology kind of way (Please figure out what it means yourself)."

There are several big buildings, a few ports of cleaning area for the staffs. All staffs are wearing white head covers, white shoes and white aprons.

The meeting was held at one of the buldings, which is quite wide, clean, and at minimal decorations. Remember Department of Chemistry? Sort of.

The company produced a processed food made of fish, shrimps, or crabs like fish ball, fish cake, surimi, etc. It is halal, at the meeting room the Halal Certificate of JAKIM was also displayed. And read this, the owner is not a Muslim! I find it very impressive, don't you think?

I like it most because it is VERY CLEAN, and seems to be VERY WELL-ORGANIZED. I think they mentioned the company is only about three years old.

I mean, all those sayings about the potential of Halal Food, Quality Control, and everything. Since I just used to only read about them, and now I found it right before my eyes, it's kind of exciting, especially for anyone interested to venture into food business or food technology. I wonder if Malaysia have this sort of clean and organized factory.

Well, that's all. I sort of thinking maybe I should suggest our lecturer to make Class Trip to Hat Yai. He he.

4 comments:

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

yes maman, microbiology is part of our field. well, actually, it's actually one of fundamental subjects in our field; biotechnology.

:)

Shana said...

Hmm... Boleh tahan. But, Thai is kinda far. Susah la kalau saya nak balik every week. Hehe~

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

arshana, with flight it's just an hour away from kl. kalau dah kaya keje tak ada masalah. ha ha.

Shana said...

Hmm... I'll be a frequent flyer than. Mesti dpt discount dgn MAS. Haha...