Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rumah Baharu Saya

I thought I might membuat kacau di sini and introduce to you guys my lovely new house. For your information, I've already moved in to the university apartment, which is closer to uni and shopping areas. It feels more like a student establishment, I must say.


The above is the living hall cum dining room. Notice the plastered walls, it's filled with pictures and various posters about social change and safe sex. I know, it might sound daunting at the first mention, but I've learnt to accept it as a fact of life (it is a fact of life, right?). There's also the United Nations flags we recently purchased on our trip to the weekend market. Notice the purple and pink pom poms? I did it to give a feminine touch to the house, I brought the flowers too at the beginning of my stay, as an offering of peace to the my new house members. I particularly adore the grandpa chair, and I spend most of my time working on the white couch. We usually spend our evenings watching news or movies while having our dinner. I'm being endlessly fed, unfortunately, as one of my housemate is a chef, and Fred from Italy likes to cook his own food. So think pasta, cream, cheese, and all those things which conveniently increases the number on the weighing scale.


We have a modest backyard, and I am lucky to be placed on the ground floor as we gain access to the greenery and the occasional visit of possums. My housemates usually spend their time smoking at the backyard, while it's my favorite spot for breakfast, reading and writing at the little round table.

10 comments:

Shana said...

Nice. :)

Opie said...

Ooh.. possums!

I used to adore them in my backyard, the mother with her 9 cubs all hung under her belly.. ;p

Unfortunately, they also tend to eat my favorite vegetable growing by the back steps: artichokes!

The apartment looks really good.. how many rooms?

lyana sidek said...

Nice and terharu tengok gambar..hehe.

izra said...

:) Miss u yati..

Anonymous said...

smell so nice

Isma Yanti said...

Wah..menarik..

I haven't bought any flowers pun utk my house..hu..mmg rumah bujang la..sempoi jer..

berangan jgk nak hias2..

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

Thanks Arshana.

Hehe, Nurul, kenapa terharu? :p

Kak Sofie, ada 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. :D

Mun, missing you too!

Tuan, jauhnya boleh bau. Memang supertrampt lah. :p

Isma, rumah bujang? hiks. :p

Ann said...

yati :)

why am i always late?
anyhow, i'm lovin' it!
very nice, simple and cute la ada pom poms. haha...

ishmahbihabie said...

cozy~

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

Bie, datanglah sini lagi. Tidur rumah baru pulak. :p