Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Safe Haven

I told Mun I would put up the pictures once I finished (technically speaking) furnishing my room. I had gone all out this time because (1) I'm going to stay here until the end of my course, which means about 9 months away, (2) unlike the last house, this apartment allows me to fully express myself, hence I practically put in stuffs to the best of my liking, and finally (3) anyone who knows me knows I'm quite big on having my own space - so yeah.

Apart from the bed and the desk and the swiveling chair, I bought all items from eBay. Some are a real deal (like the lamp on my desk I bought it for 8 AUD and the arm chair for 50 AUD), while others are brand new and pretty much the same as buying off the store. Nevertheless, despite having to settle with the brand-new, mass-produced stuff, the antique lamp on the bedside table for example, although a bit costly (AUD 26), is something I couldn't resist.

So yeah, this is practically my attempt to create the shabby, country look of my room, the place for me everyday, where I go online, read books, or practice my guitar (you can see the handle of my guitar at the side of the chair).

It's a drag my quilt didn't really fit in, but let's not go overboard with the spending now shall we? I already have a problem with my money management as every week on my way back from my guitar lesson I pass a second hand book store and I always seem to fall to temptation. But alas!

6 comments:

izra said...

I love the arm chair!I can imagine you snuggled up on it, reading a book or practicing your guitar. Now,I'm really jealous. Nak jugak main gitar!!!

Anonymous said...

woho...kamu mesti jelas kalau tau yang my room guna rock salt lamp.

tapi i need to buy a single couch like ur arm chair tu lah.boleh lepak2 sambil baca buku.

plus, my study chair mcm tak ergonomic ajer.

owh, kali ni kamu boleh tampal tampal dinding kan???

Opie said...

Oddly, this reminds me of your cubicle in Kuantan.. especially when I see the bookshelf and the articles on the wall...

Anyway, kudos on the room makeover! It looks cramped, but who needs space when you've got everything you love in it, right? ~_^

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

Mun,

Hehe, best kan?

Tuan,

Aah, rumah ni boleh tampal sesuka hati, walaupun mungkin uni tak bagi, but at least diorang tak check setiap hari. :p

Kak Sofie,

Snug is the word, :p besides I think I kinda fear open spaces. Like I'll think, what I'm gonna do with it?

Hehe, I think I couldn't call a place home without the bookshelves. I still like the bookshelves at your house down at the living room!

lyana sidek said...

i love the antique lamp..ngehehe. am i an antique young woman? young ke? ala, tak young takpe, asalkan look young..orait apa..

pupa said...

guitar? blk nnt jom kite basking... hehehhe...