Sunday, April 17, 2005

Dreams of differences.

Most people dreams to make a difference, some others stay awake and do it.

I came across this phrase while I was on train from Gombak the other day. It makes me wonder, I do have a dream. And I dream of being ordinary. So that's mean I'm now staying awake and living it, right? Because I don't think I ever accomplished any differences. Heh.

I went through UNIMAS website last night, and found out they offer a wider range of courses relating to biology, one course is particularly attractive to me; it's a graduate studies entitled Conservation Biology. Well, maybe I should consider flying off to Sarawak for my master degree if in any ways, I don't have chance to further study overseas. Or maybe I could do my internship there? Interesting, interesting. Let see what Dr Jalal would say about this.

Oh, and I just found out that CGPA for students to be qualified for 1st Class Honour is 3.60 instead of 3.75 as I understood before. In sya Allah, I hope Allah helps all of us through our ways in achieving what is best for us. Though I do have a greater aims for my future, that is somewhat different from my field at present, it does not excuse me from doing what is best out of me. As I said to a friend, when it comes to a responsibility, then hardwork is a must.

I watched National Geographic this morning, about an Ecologist, Dr Michael Fay and his photographer friend, Nick Nicholas (if I'm not mistaken) who ran a data collection at Congo rainforest. The project was done to help them in their effort to save the forest from the usual causes, destruction by humans. It took about 1 year, I guess. And it was not an easy task, not as good as admiring Jane Goodall with her fellow gorillas friends. The photographer got hepatitis, the Dr. got malaria and not to mention several fights erupted between them and their guide. The worst is to watch piles of animal skulls, killed by workers and poachers both as food and black market. Will I ever go that far? Allahua'lam.

It is a shame, I think, when these people are struggling so hard to accomplish what they believe, to save every inch of earth and its resources, while we, Muslims, are still debating whether or not to do it when we proudly claim that WE ARE THE KHALIFAH OF EARTH. Or maybe we define earth as human?

Oh, this reminds me to my discussion with Arshana, Animal Activist vs. Human Activist. Hm, I shall write about that later.

1 comment:

Shana said...

Hehe.. I'm waiting for that argument Yati. Bring it on.. Mwahahaha... :D