Sunday, April 10, 2005

Finally!!!

I was doing the dishes after dinner, suddenly the urge to write came out of nowhere. So here I am.

1. Baby Naufal

Four of us managed to go to Kajang to visit Kak Ira and her baby. The trip was rather okay, except for the surprise of how slow KTM komuter seems to be moving. It was more like riding a monorail for sightseeing in some island. Heh.

As for the baby Naufal, he is red. All of us personally learnt a lesson of how to hold a two weeks infant, and I would say Isma displayed the most potential to be the next mother. There were photos taken, with each of us with the baby.

Most important of all, we had sate kajang with the courtesy of Kak Ira and family. =) And of course, we had a really great time.

2. Rat race

Had a brief talk with my classmate last night. There was something that he said that really got into me. The situation is more or less the same, it happened many times before. For example, there was a time when we were asked in class why we chose Biotechnology, why do we study Biotechnology, etc.

As for me, my answers varied. But never was "to be a biotechnologist." Why? Well, obviously I'd be a biotechnologist, because I'm studying Biotechnology!!! So, as for last night, my answer was I need money to open a bookstore, and I need excuses to travel. And upon the answer, my friend replied:

"Good, just get out of the rat race."

Now that's a good one. Some people would automatically assume I'm not happy with my choice at present. That's wrong. I'm perfectly happy to be in this course, and even thinking of getting it further. But, sometimes people are freaked out if we're a little more or less deviating from the systems. It's like, you're not going to succeed if you're not following the systems.

Do I get myself clear? Or was I just babbling? Heh.

1 comment:

Shana said...

I always wanted to be a scientist. And doing biotech is all that. I never regreted doing it. Is this of any relation to your post? XD