Friday, October 14, 2005

Whew! - What A Dream I Had

Last night I had a dream.

I'm not sure whether it is a nightmare or a good dream. There were both good and bad things, well, not really bad things, but thing that keeps me confused and scared lately.

Some might say that dream is just one of sleep's lullaby, some others believe that dream is a result of your subconcious mind trying to tell something to you. As for me, I don't know. But sometimes I know when I dreamed, it means I have something to think about, something to resolve, something that needs my attention.

The dream last night exactly depicts what was in my heart and my head these few days. I dreamt I met my 'teacher' that I've been looking forward to meet and to talk to, my 'teacher' was walking with a companion, which is as strange as it is, turned out to be that someone that I've been trying to talk to but unfortunately to this time had never actually noticed me.

(Okay, I know it sounds pathetic but I believe it's important to acknowledge what I feel and what I think, and that actually had never left me feeling inadequate about myself - Thanks to Morrie Shwartz)

Well, exactly as it is. My 'teacher' waited for me and listened to all my stories while from time to time he keeps writing in a monitor telling me what to do (though I didn't get to see what was written, well, I guess that's the point of a dream), whereas that Mr. Someone keep walking ahead not ever turning back looking at me.

I woke up this morning having a bad headache but unfortunately feeling very happy. I told myself; "Wow, miss. You really have to get these things sorted out soon."

Remember when I put forward a question, why everything is never as it seems? Well, I think I get the answer; that’s the whole point! You never know how life will turns out. Only Allah knows. You can only plan, and especially you can only hope. The rest will be determined by Allah. And you really have to have a firm faith to believe that. You really have to have a firm belief in Him that He’ll always make the best out of everything.

I especially love this excerpt from my companion book, Don't Be Sad;
"Verily, with hardship there is relief."

Eating follows hunger, drinking follows thirst, sleep comes after restlessness, and health takes the place of sickness. The lost will find their way, the one in difficulty will find relief, and the day will follow the night.

Inform the night of a coming morning, the light of which will permeate the mountains and valleys. Give to the afflicted tidings of a sudden relief that will reach them with the speed of light or with the blinking of an eye.

If you see that the dessert extends for miles and miles, then know that beyond that distance are green meadows with plentiful shade. If you see the rope tighten and tighten, know that it will snap.

Tears are followed by smile, fear is replaced by comfort, and anxiety is overthrown by serenity.

Benjamin Franklin said; "those things that hurt, instruct." And I said; "just believe in Allah, an everything will turn out ok!"

So, no matter what happens; I will always believe. Nothing's going to change that.

1 comment:

nurul said...

Allah berfirman...

" wahai orang2 yang beriman dan berjiwa tenang, pulanglah kepada tuhanmu dalam keadaan hati yang puas dan diredhai, maka masuklah kamu ke dalam jema'ahku, dan masuklah kamu ke dalam syurgaku"
surah al-fajr 27-28