Monday, October 31, 2005

Tell Me I'm Crazy.

I was surfing through my favorite blog of Daphne Lee (a book columnist in The Star - Tots to Teen) when I came across this word - NaNoWriMo -. Excited by Daphne's spirit and her motto - "Sign Up Now, Regret Later" I immediately clicked on the link and signed up!

Well, I have a month to write a 50,000 words. Am I crazy? I don't know. But to think of it, I'll just sign up and go with the flow! Although I'm quite preoccupied by the festive season this month, if I managed to finish the whole thing; I'll end up with one complete novel regardless of how relevant or logical the plot or the character might be! I'm not yet sure whether to write in Malay or English, though.

At least for now I have one complete day to think of what I'm going to write and what would be my novel title. Besides, I don't have anything serious to do in the meantime because of the holiday and doing this can keep my mind off certain things; like daydreaming?

Why am I doing this? I don't know what exactly that inspire me. Maybe I just want to treat myself by doing something exciting once in a while. Or maybe I was moved by my dream of being a writer. Or else maybe there's no reason at all but it's just me being myself!

Well, here are the ideas that I might be writing on;
1. Science fiction, maybe I can use a little bit of my background basics.
2. Melancholic love drama. I'm too dull to use romantic phrases and gestures.
3. A philosophical literature. A bit of deep novel, thinking about life and everything.
4. About my life, this seems to be easiest.
5. A mixture of everything, definitely a yes! I will just babble all along the way until the end.

In Malay or English? Most probably in English.

Anyone else interested? Join in! Details at http://www.nanowrimo.org. It's not about whether you can write or not, it's about whether you have the gut or not! =D

2 comments:

Shana said...

I read about this long, long, long time ago in the papers. Good luck!

nurul said...

Good luck to you, Yati. adlist u have something to do during holiday. i don't have any brilliant idea yet......i wish to learn something new.