Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Those Good Old Days

I was going through my archive files, and I found few sketches I did and the resulting colored files one year back. Wow, I thought; I forgot already how I did these.

I remember being drowned by stacks of GEMPAK, with few different pencils and A4 papers. Twisting around different images, trying to make one of my own. I remember going online, looking for different Photoshop tutorials just to get my sketches inked and colored and having online tutoring with few of my comic experts friends.

I was excited, and enthusiastic.

Not long after, I decided to stop abruptly. I didn't give any reasons, any justifications, or any excuses. Simply because I didn't want to disappoint myself.

There are so much to be handled, I thought. To be a science researcher, a writer, a bookshop owner, and a comic artist too? I thought, before I succumb myself to the hands of fate and face failure; I decided to win it over, I quit.

Of course, I was wrong.

*I watched Jamie's School Dinner last night. My, he's fabulous! I was immensely inspired, and Jamie Oliver has earned himself a respect from me. Now I'm thinking of looking for the DVD, oh money money.

Oh yes, and I want to share this sentence I took from Jamie's The Naked Chef 2 cookbook, I can't stop laughing everytime I read it.

I like to have some grilled bacon over my corn pancakes, drizzled with a little maple syrup. This sounds bloody horrid but it honestly tastes pukka!

I know, I know; stop talking about Jamie Oliver!

5 comments:

Shana said...

You bought his book?! You must be really addicted. ;)

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

Nah, not exactly the cookbook. It's PDF version, with no pictures. But I'm planning to. :)

lutfi lukman said...

i really can't enjoy a book that much. y ek?

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

Well, maybe because for you a book is where you'd get information from but not where you'd get comfort with.

:)

Shana said...

I saw Jamie's School Dinner too the other day. Poor soul. Must be tormenting trying to educate those kids. They didn't know their veges. All were onions for them. And one kid said that asparagus was kiwi. -_-" Poor Jamie.