Friday, November 11, 2005

Write, Write and Send Away!

I just finished writing emails to our lecturers enquiring about textbooks. For Environment groups, all are done but Environmental Laws and Policies because I couldn't find the lecturer's details. I've also send one for Natural Resource Management. To Food groups, I shall leave the template here and you guys can use it for Food lecturers. (Specifically noted to Arshana; =p)

Assalamualaikum Sir, and eid mubarak.

I'm (name), from Biotechnology class Batch Nov 03/04. My friends and I have been thinking of enquiring you about the textbook we're going to use for next semester. You'll be the lecturer for (course title and code), right, Sir?

As far as we know, Darul Kutub is no longer operating and how will the university provides books purchasing facility is very much unheard of. Due to these unknown circumstances and unforeseen consequences, my friends and I think it might be advantageous if we know which textbooks to use beforehand and make the order/purchase right away. Otherwise, like previous semesters we'll have to order the books at the beginning of the semester and we're going to only receive it after two weeks to one month, which is very inconducive for us to study without
any references and at the same time classes are proceeding.

So, if there's any chance you have finalize the textbook, we would be delighted if you could send us the details of the textbook, and we'll handle the rest by ourselves. Thank you, sir, and looking forward to meet you in class next semester.

Wassalam and have a nice day. :)

Well, a man does what he can do, right? Hehe.

*Updates:

He he, I can't help but smiling. Got a reply from Dr. Jalal, this is what he said;

HI

Walaikum salam and eid mubrak u too. Thank you for yur concern about the book. Don't worry my good student. My class note is sufficient for all of u. Library may have some book. But I have used few books. So, you just follow the library book if u needed. If u really want to buy I will tell u later. Now enjoy ur holiday. Dr. Jalal never wants to give problem to the students. I always think ur problem is my problem. ok. until then ta ta. cheers.

ur gentle man sirrrr (sedhikit jahat)


Well, I might want to agree that this whole textbook things is not just about to prepare early for the semester, it also means catching up with lecturers. Too bad we're not going to be with Sr. Anil's class next semester, I would've lighten up little bit reading/listening to her enthusiastic stories.

Ok, more replies and I will post it here. Oh, yes. Arshana I missed your message this morning, gomennasai.

*Updated at 1303; reply from Br Faizul;

Assalamualaikum WBT,

Actually, I am the coordinator for Environmental Biotechnology. ForNatural
Resource management, you have to ask Sister Zarina.

For Environmental Biotechnology, 2 books are required:

1) Environmental Biotechnology: theory and application. Gareth M. Evans and
Judith C. Furlong. John Wiley and sons.

2) Environmental Biotechnology Alan Scragg Longman-Pearson

For the text book, you can use either one. But Alan Scragg is the
maintextbook. If all of you want to have this/these book/books, I can arrange
with the supplier because you cannot find these books in ordinarybookstore and
its quiet expensive. In fact all the Environmenatl Biotech'sbooks are expensive
because we dealing with industrial application.Anyway they have special rate for
student and international edition.

OK C ya next semester.

Wassalam



Already sent a forward email to Sr Zarina. So lonng!

3 comments:

Shana said...

Way to go Yati! I'll email 'em right away. Thanks. :)

Shana said...

Spam boy a.k.a. Fauzan

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

@arshana,

ha ha!

fixed it already.